LINKEDIN (opens in a new window)
Senior Research Fellow, Integrative Oncology, NICM Health Research Institute
Steering Committee Member, Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine and Health, NICM Health Research Institute
Dr Suzanne Grant is an Senior Research Fellow at NICM Health Research Institute. Her research focuses on the use and effectiveness of mind-body and biologically based therapies in both cancer and integrative healthcare. Dr Grant has been in the research field for over 30 years, first in market research, government, and for the last 10 years in complementary and integrative medicine healthcare research.
Her research aims to support individuals with cancer to live their best life during treatment and after. Dr Grant’s research includes the role of mushrooms, micronutrients, acupuncture, oncology massage, yoga, mindfulness and other therapies in people with cancer.
Dr Grant completed her PhD at Western Sydney University investigating the use of Chinese Herbal Medicine in the treatment of pre-diabetes (or impaired glucose tolerance) and insulin resistance. She is also registered as a Chinese Medicine Practitioner with close to 20 years' experience.
- Integrative Oncology
- Chinese herbs
- Health service delivery
- Integrative healthcare
- Complex Interventions
Projects and Grants
Dr Grant's research has been supported by numerous external funding agencies including government, industry and professional associations.
See a list of past and current projects.(opens in a new window).
- Senior Research Fellow, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Cancer Centre
- 2021-present Academic Committee, International Society of Oriental Medicine
- 2020-present NICM HRI Representative, Academic Consortium of Integrative Medicine and Health
- 2020-present Member, PC4 Primary Care Collaborative Cancer Clinical Trials Group
- 2019-present Invited Advisor, South East Asian Regional Office, World Health Organization
- 2016-present Appointed Executive Member, Clinical Oncology Society of Australia Complementary and Integrative Medicine Group
- 2010 Doctor of Philosophy (Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Herbology), University of Western Sydney, Australia
- 2002 Bachelor of Applied Science (Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Herbology), University of Western Sydney, Australia
For a full listing of publications please see: