1 July 2021
Over the last three months, researchers from NICM HRI have featured in international media outlets discussing various opinions, topics and studies.
Key highlights for April to June:
- In April, Dr Angelo Sabag's paper on HIIT for health received wide interest internationally, featuring in media titles such as Psychology Today, South China Morning Post, GQ Italia, GQ South Africa, Men's Journal, ScienceDaily, Medical Xpress, MSN China, MSN Health, MSN Ireland, MSN Singapore, MSN Malaysia, MSN South Africa, Yahoo! Style UK, Yahoo! News Canada, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Pop Sugar Australia, Consumer Affairs, and AsiaOne.
- In May, MindFood featured research from Professor Jerome Sarris on how the internet use changes the brain.
- Professor Dennis Chang, spoke with Senior Australia in June about his trial on vascular dementia.
- Also in June, Dr Mike Armour featured in Independent Education, Women's Health Germany and MSN Germany discussing his research on period pain management and endometriosis.
- Justin Sinclair spoke with ABC Radio about medicinal cannabis and his PhD project currently underway at NICM HRI.
- Dr Carolyn Ee featured in The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, discussing the benefits of mindfulness.
- Professor Jerome Sarris featured in the Bendigo Advertiser talking lifestyle habits and health and the importance of sleep from his research findings published in BMC Medicine.