Bringing together Australia’s leading medicinal cannabis scientists, academics and educators, this symposium will showcase current research, and discuss regulatory developments and education regarding medicinal cannabis. The symposium will be held at Western Sydney University’s campus at Westmead, the innovative, health, research and education precinct of Australia.
Download the NICM Medicinal Cannabis 2018 Symposium program ( PDF, 699.21 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Registration desk open, 8:00 am
- Opening session commences, 9.00 am
- Final session concludes, 5.00 pm
- Drinks and canapés, 5.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Download the NICM Medicinal Cannabis 2018 Symposium speaker bios (PDF, 1075.34 KB) (opens in a new window)
- DR SUZANNE SISLEY, Medical Director, Principal Investigator and President, Scottsdale Research Institute, USA.
- DR MARK ROSENFELD, CEO, ANANDA Scientific, USA.
- DR JEFF HERGENRATHER, Medicinal Cannabis Consultant and Founding Member of Society of Cannabis Clinicians, USA.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR JOHN SKERRITT, Deputy Secretary, Health Products Regulation Group, Department of Health, Australian Government.
- EMERITUS PROFESSOR LAURIE MATHER, Professor of Anaesthesia, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR TIM KARL, Associate Professor of Behavioural Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Western Sydney University.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JONATHON ARNOLD, Associate Director of Preclinical Research, The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, Brain and Mind Centre, The University of Sydney; Group Leader, The Cannabinoid Research Group, The University of Sydney; and Associate Professor of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Bosch Institute, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney.
- DR KATRINA GREEN, Lecturer, School of Medicine, Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health, The University of Wollongong.
- PROFESSOR IAIN MCGREGOR, Academic Director and Director of Preclinical Research, The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, Brain and Mind Centre, The University of Sydney; Professor of Psychopharmacology, School of Psychology, Faculty of Science, The University of Sydney and NHMRC Professorial Research Fellow.
- DR JUDITH LACEY, Head of Supportive Care and Integrative Oncology, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
- PROFESSOR NADIA SOLOWIJ, Head of Research, School of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Wollongong Australia; and Co-Director, Australian Centre for Cannabinoid Clinical and Research Excellence (ACRE).
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR PETER GRIMISON, Medical Oncologist, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse; and Clinical Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney.
- PROFESSOR NICK LINTZERIS, Conjoint Professor, Discipline of Addiction Medicine, Central Clinical School, and Director and Senior Staff Specialist, Drug and Alcohol Services, South East Sydney Local Health District, NSW Health.
- DR ALEX WODAK, AM, Emeritus Consultant, Alcohol and Drug Service, St Vincent’s Hospital, Darlinghurst.
- PROFESSOR CON STOUGH, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology, and Director, Centre for Human Psychopharmacology, Swinburne University of Technology.
- JUSTIN SINCLAIR, Research Fellow, NICM Health Research Institute, Western Sydney University.
- DR MAGGIE DAVIDSON, Lecturer, Environmental Health and Management, Natural Science, School of Science and Health, Western Sydney University.
) (opens in a new window)
When: Friday, 7 September 2018 from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Where: NICM Health Research Institute, Western Sydney University Westmead Campus, Ground Floor, 158-160 Hawkesbury Rd, Westmead NSW
Registration: Register is now closed, with the event sold out. To be placed on a waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NICM 2018 Medicinal Cannabis Symposium contact information: