Bringing together Australia’s leading medicinal cannabis researchers, academics and clinicians, this online symposium will showcase current Australian research, and discuss regulatory developments and education regarding medicinal cannabis.
Download the NICM HRI Medicinal Cannabis 2021 Symposium program (Coming soon)
- Opening session commences, 9.30am
- Final session concludes, 4pm
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR JOHN SKERRITT, Deputy Secretary, Health Products Regulation Group, Department of Health, Australian Government.
- PROFESSOR TIM KARL, Professor of Behavioural Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Western Sydney University.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JONATHON ARNOLD, Associate Director of Preclinical Research, The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, Brain and Mind Centre, The University of Sydney; Group Leader, The Cannabinoid Research Group, The University of Sydney; and Associate Professor of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Bosch Institute, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney.
- PROFESSOR IAIN MCGREGOR, Academic Director and Director of Preclinical Research, The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, Brain and Mind Centre, The University of Sydney; Professor of Psychopharmacology, School of Psychology, Faculty of Science, The University of Sydney and NHMRC Professorial Research Fellow.
- PROFESSOR JENNIFER MARTIN, Chair of Clinical Pharmacology and Head of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, The University of Newcastle; and Director, Australian Centre for Cannabinoid Clinical and Research Excellence (ACRE).
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR GENEVIEVE STEINER, Research Director, NICM Health Research Institute, Western Sydney University.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR DAVID HEILPERN, former Magistrate, Professional Practice Professor and Adjunct Professor at the School of Law and Justice at Southern Cross University.
> Download the speaker abstracts and bios (Coming soon)
When: Thursday, 12 August 2021
Where: Virtual via Zoom
Cost: $99 (registration), $59 (registration for student)
This symposium is open to researchers, academics, students and industry with an interest in the evolving medicinal cannabis research space.
Registration: Register your interest to this event.(opens in a new window)
NICM HRI Medicinal Cannabis 2021 Symposium contact information:
- Sponsorship opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Phone: +61 2 9685 4760